Family Filled Holiday
This week has been, and will continue to be, all about family!
Saturday brought Gregg's dad, stepmom and stepsister's son, Guy, up for a three day visit. Guy is two weeks older than Jordan and has the same energy level as Cali, so the kids always have a blast when they are together. It isn't exactly quiet around here during visits, but they are fun.
We also had some excitement--apparently something is in the water over here because Guy lost his first tooth while he was here and his second fell out the day he got back, ha!
My mother-in-law made us a yummy shrimp creole and we watched a lot of football (Geaux Tigers! Who Dat!) It was a nice, noise-filled, high energy visit and the girls are already asking when Poppy and Mamere are coming back again.
Tonight, after the Saints kick some Viking butt, we leave for Mississippi to visit more family. While the 9 hour drive is a bit of a hassle, it's pure relaxation once we get there. Their house is amazing--it's completely surrounded by trees with the closest house a car drive away.
The girls can't wait to ride the four-wheeler and the Rhino around their extensive property . . . oh, and see Nanny Donna, Paran David and Hayley, too :-) Mommy can't wait to visit with family, to relax and gets lots of reading and writing done.
This week around the house, the girls have made countless water color paintings and self-made books (Jordan's latest was on bugs). We finished reading The BFG by Roald Dahl and have begun Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of Nimh. Along with that nightly read aloud, the girls have read a ton on their own (along with the usual favorites of Berenstain Bears and Animorphs, both girls are loving reading through Veggie Tales Bible Storybook).
The girls got their hair cut, and the girls and I drove through a Tropical Storm to get it done! Apparently I need to watch the news more because I figured it was just a little storm that wouldn't last long--I hate driving in rain--but that wasn't the case. Once we got to the mall, I also discovered that the umbrella had been taken out of the van and we were a good way away from the entrance . . . and it was a complete downpour outside! We made the best of it, laughing and walking very fast, and dried off just in time to get wet again when it was time to leave (after hair cuts and a ride on the carousel in the food court, of course).
In Mommy News: This week on The Ending Unplanned I wrote about getting to know the characters in the story I'm writing, My Embarrassing First Date, how my work in progress is going (gotta check out the youtube video for the glee song I chose for my soundtrack) and a book review on Jennifer Echols' Forget You.
Have a wonderful weekend!



0 comments:
Post a Comment