Thursday, September 11, 2008

On Second Thought, Scratch That. . .

Yesterday I was so proud of myself. I finally got online to update our family and blog-world friends on what we have been doing and just knew that I would be back to regularly scheduled programming, blogging wise.

Then, this Ike mess started. Being from New Orleans, my family and I feel pretty prepared for this storm. We are in the extreme NW Houston area, so we are actually being advised to stay put and not evacuate. The main concern is 40 - 60 mph sustained winds that should begin hitting us tomorrow. Gregg is currently on his way home and we will start gathering supplies in case power goes out.

So, all this to say, I guess I am not "Back" like I promised yesterday. Once the storm is over, I promise to post the pictures of our camping trip (I have had several family members politely hounding me, LOL). I should be back online by Monday.

Until then, have a wonderful and safe weekend with your families!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As if Gustav wasn't enough, now we have Ike. And I said to myself, "Self," I said, "there is no way that Ike is going to mess with us."

To my dismay, I discovered that work has been cancelled tomorrow due to possible tropical storm force winds. We already missed a week and a half! I'm itching to get back to teaching writing and literature, for crying out loud!

Pardon my French, but je ne sais pas. Couillion.

Love ya, babes,
Dani

Christine said...

I hope you stay safe. :D

Michele said...

Rachel...I will be praying for you and your family (already have...your the only people I know in TX). Please be careful. I've ridden out many hurricanes, so make sure you have lots of batteries...and some special snacks for the girls for later. We'll hear from you soon.

Anonymous said...

Praying that your safe!

Shanna said...

Praying for a safe weekend for your family!

Carrie Thompson said...

Hey glad you are safe! It was so much better than it COULD have been, although I have many friends who lost a lot or everything. We got power today so that is a blessing. Just checking in on my favorite blogs!