The Joy of Parenting. . .
We were having our Father's Day dinner with my parents. . . Gregg was picking up his cell phone to call his step father to wish him a Happy Father's Day when Jordan walked up to him and said, "In your face, Daddy!"
We were shocked, and in shock busted out laughing. (Yes, I know, bad reaction, but where on earth did she get that? I am assuming maybe one of the children in the nursery at church this morning). Anyway, after we collected ourselves, my parents and I told her that even though we laughed because she surprised us, that it was actually bad manners (following up on our manners discussions via Strawberry Shortcake from this week). I told her that it hurts people feelings when you say that and it is rude. I told her to go to Daddy and tell him she was sorry.
Jordan walked up to Gregg and said "I'm sorry Daddy, I was just kidding. PLEASE, in your face?!?!"
Well. . . that is an improvement right? LOL
For what it is worth, Gregg asked her "What do you mean? What about my face?" and she said, " You need to go in." So obviously she has NO CLUE what the expression means, but we definitely have to nip this one in the bud. Ahh, the joys of parenting :-)
Happy Father's Day!



3 comments:
That is hilarious!
When my youngest (of 5) was around 3 years old we were riding around in the car. She said, "Dad, can I say, I farted?" We said, "Oh no, that's not a ladylike thing to say." She said, "Well then can I say, "I cracked one off?" We could not hold the laughter in.... I mean how do you not laugh? She laughed too.... : ) After our laughter subsided we told her what was an acceptable way to talk about passing gas. : )
Still wondering where that conversation came from....did she overhear her older brothers????
Out of the mouths of babes! : )
I enjoyed your husband's article at HOTM. Please tell him.
Thanks,
Julie
That is hilarious!
When my youngest (of 5) was around 3 years old we were riding around in the car. She said, "Dad, can I say, I farted?" We said, "Oh no, that's not a ladylike thing to say." She said, "Well then can I say, "I cracked one off?" We could not hold the laughter in.... I mean how do you not laugh? She laughed too.... : ) After our laughter subsided we told her what was an acceptable way to talk about passing gas. : )
Still wondering where that conversation came from....did she overhear her older brothers????
Out of the mouths of babes! : )
I enjoyed your husband's article at HOTM. Please tell him.
Thanks,
Julie
Rachal, it's been a while since I checked in with you! What a funny story! Ya got to love these parenting moments!!!
Post a Comment