I'm Back! Recap for the last two weeks :-)
Good Morning!
I was doing so good with those updates. . . oh well! We have been having a lot of fun the past two weeks and staying REALLY busy, but I will do a quick update for anyone (family) interested :-)
Two weeks ago we learned about MONKEYS. The girls loved this unit! We read a ton of books but their favorites were Caps for Sale and Hand Hand Fingers Thumb! We played gamed where we walked around balancing caps/hats on our heads, placed items under a hat and the girls tried to guess which hat it was under, danced around to the wonderful DVD that Gregg got from the library for them The Monkey Doos. It was a somewhat laid back week, at least in comparison to our Berry week, but it was fun!
Last week we learned about BEES! I did not remember to take a great picture of our table, but we read The Bee Tree, DK's book on the Bee Movie, Backyard Books: Are you a Bee?, The Very Angry Bee, and The Magic School Bus Inside a Beehive. We watched The Magic School Bus episode Inside a Beehive, Hermie and Friends with Buzby the Misbehaving Bee, as well as watched Bee Movie, which we all just love!
I had never read The Bee Tree before and I have to say -- This might be one of MY favorite books now! For those of you not familiar with this story, it is about a girl who tells her "Grampa" that she is tired of reading and that she would rather be playing. He decides that it is time for an adventure chasing bees to the bee tree! Many other characters get involved in the chase and they have a wonderful, and very funny, adventure. Upon returning home for "baking powder biscuits, fresh brewed tea, and of course, the honey," Grampa took Mary Ellen aside and spooned honey on the cover of the book. He told her to taste it. After savoring the honey, Grampa told her these words, the best in any book that I have read in a long time, and words that I pray my girls believe:
Awesome, right? We read this book everyday and every time I was smiling from ear to ear at that part! :-)
This weekend we visited with friends in Austin and I went to a homeschool conference! This is actually the first I have gone to "live." I have participated in Cindy Rushton's Ultimate Homeschool Expo and have listened to other talks before, but this was my first in-person Vendor Hall and it was awesome! Getting to actually hold and see up close all of the wonderful books, curriculum and programs I have read about and learning about SO much more! It was also a fun girl bonding trip with my Austin friend, Alicia, who is considering homeschooling.
I will post later about our unit this week: Butterflies and Caterpillars!!!
Have a wonderful week!



1 comments:
I'm sure you are busy with lots of fun things...just wanted to post and let you know that you are missed!! :)
Love,
Candace
Post a Comment