Hello There!
Summer time. . . you have to love this time of year when nature calls you to relax, have fun, curl up with a good book, and watch God's beautiful creation! As I am sure you noticed, it has been awhile since my last blog update and my lovely friend Candace was kind enough to prompt me to post an update :-)
What have we been doing lately? Reading, learning, cuddling, watching movies, eating popcorn, exploring, observing, and reading some more! I have been busy working on things for Heart of the Matter and getting things ready for the new Preschool Co-op I will be leading this fall as well. I have been reading personally as well and taking notes and planning for the future (aren't I always lol) with the wonderful new units and lapbooks posted at Homeschool Share. Have you been there since the Blast contest ended? They have added over 200 items, and TOTALLY redone the site so it is easier to find things! I contributed 5 units myself which can be found there or linked in my sidebar on the right.
I will post pictures soon, along with a list of books and activities we have done since my last update, but a quick recap -- there was a fun week with Butterflies and Caterpillars and last week was a HUGE unit on families and relationships. That was a great unit because it wasn't a planned one really -- I took a couple books that were on my monthly plan and added a few more and it ended up being a great unit! We also tried something different last week and had a Science unit as well. . . I like this idea. This was separate from our main unit, that also includes science topics. It was a basket of books in the living room focusing on one topic -- in this case Rainbows and Colors -- and we would read these books throughout the week casually. We also watched some videos that tied in and were happily surprised at the resources that ended up combining the two units -- Rainbows and Relationships -- without even trying!
Sunday we had a really fun road trip to San Antonio! The six of us, the four of us and my parents, loaded up in the van and drove three hours to see the Alamo and Riverwalk for three hours and then turn around and drive another three. . . We packed lunches and drinks so the only cost was gas, but that was a pretty penny LOL. It was a really fun day, even with the 100 degree Texan heat, and we are looking forward to more day trips around this lovely state of ours in the future. I have some WONDERFUL pictures from the trip that I will be posting soon, along with a much better recap.
This week Gregg is traveling for a few days and I have much to do! I need to write my blog article for HOTM, write the blog posts for here on our recaps on our units and trip, continue loading my hundreds of books into my new Library Thing account, try to list some books on Paperback Swap, clean and organize, catch up on some reading, AND have fun with our NEW UNIT on Australia and Kangaroos!
I hope you are all having a wonderful week and summer with your families! I will be back this week. . . I promise! :-)



3 comments:
We went to the Alamo about a month ago... but I still haven't gotten around to posting my pictures. Maybe this week.
I loaded my books into Library Thing last fall and I had 800. Yikes. And the sad thing is I couldn't take any to Japan because we have a weight limit. So now all my books are sitting in non-climate controlled storage - but at least I know what I have and won't accidentally buy the same thing.
Amy :)
Hi, Rachel! Glad you are enjoying your summer. I didn't realize you were in Texas. I'm a hop and a skip away right outside of Memphis so I understand southern heat. Huuuuumiiiid. LOL
Nice to meet you. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I've never been down to your area. We have a pretty mild summer up here in Maine. San Antonio sounds like it would have been very fun and educational.
Post a Comment