Silly Songs with Mommy
I got an email the other day from Positively Feminine and it included an article that could have been written by me called Silly Songs With Mommy. This is such a cute article about a mom who makes up songs with her children about everything -- so nice to read about a kindred spirit!
I have mentioned before how much I love to sing all day -- now, mind you, I can't carry a tune in a bucket, but as my Mama always said, "This is the voice God gave me, so it must be the voice He wants to hear me sing in!"
I make up songs about anything and everything -- and the great part is that my girls are REALLY learning because of it! So far, via song my girls have both learned:
- Their complete address including city, state and zipcode
- Their phone number
- How to spell their first and last names
- How to spell each other's names
- And a variety of prayers
I wonder how long I can carry this teaching tool. Will I be singing grammar facts and multiplication tables? Hey, if it works . . .
What fun teaching tools work well for you and your family?



2 comments:
That's how we learned the days of the week, too!
Have you checked out any of the Wee Sing CDs? My boys have learned so much from them, especially Wee Sing America.
I love to sing songs too, just like my mommy did with my brothers, sister and I. My dc have learned the days of the week this way and sometimes they will make up songs with their spelling words to remember them also.
Post a Comment