Jordan's "Love"ly Hair Cut. . .

I guess the comments will not be happening quite as frequently now. It has become expected to hear at least one person comment on Jordan's long hair whenever we go anywhere. . . especially when they learn she is only 3! My beautiful baby girl was born with a FULL head of hair and hasn't lost a single strand. She was able to have her hair in a ponytail by her first birthday!
While it was beautiful, Jordan's hair forced us to deal with things that ar
en't the norm for newborns. She was born at the end of November, in Charlotte, NC, so that meant it was pretty cold outside. Whenever we washed her hair, to help warm her up, we needed to blow dry her hair! The picture is from when she was three months old :-) Also from the moment she started solid food until she learned to eat with utensils, food was ALWAYS in her hair!
n. While it did make her smile to be helping someone, Jordan told me very plainly that she did NOT want to have her hair cut! In the car she said the same thing. I didn't know how it would go, but those chairs have some sort of magic..... my wiggly willie (Cali) sat completely still for the entire cut, which was just a trim this time (growing hers out as well), and so did Jordan, even though hers took a pretty long time! I was so proud of both of them! So for the grandparents, and for anyone else curious to see the process, here are the photos from our adventurous day! We are thrilled with the results -- she looks so mature now (sniff sniff)!








5 comments:
That is so cute! I love it! Now she can have those cute little braids-- one on each side. Or two little ponytails with sweet ribbon. Or she can just run free and not have to worry about getting too tangled up. :-)
Long hair is beautiful but I like shorter hair as well. It's all good, especially when they're such cuties either way!
Awww, what a cutie! And yes, still adorable even with shorter hair. :) We actually just cut Hannah's hair too, though hers wasn't as long as Jordan's, and I think it looks a lot better now. Jordan looks like such a big girl in the hair salon chair!!
Candace
I've been out of town for a couple of days. It seems like a week. Anyway, just getting time to stop in this week to catch up...The girls hair is very pretty. It does make them look more mature. And for a worthy cause as well!
She is sooo adorable!
I love the photo of you blow drying your baby's hair! How cute! When my daughter was born, the doctor said she "didn't have hair." Yes, she did! (I was just a tiny offended.) Anyway, she didn't have much, but she had hair. She was pretty much "average", I guess. Anyway, I guess I never thought about the "problems" of having long hair as a baby - from the blow drying to the food-in-the-hair.
Anyway, your daughter's hair is beautiful - both before and after the cut! :-)
Post a Comment