Astronomy Totally Re-Vamped
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!! We had a relaxed week of watching Veggie Tales Easter Carol, reading The Parable of the Lily, and The Legend of the Easter Egg. We also got out my mom's old tape of Easter cartoons which was a fun blast from the past!
During the down time, I also did a lot of planning, organizing and writing for our Astronomy study. I have decided to expand our one week study into THREE! Today we begin our Moon Unit, which has a ton of resources! I will post about those later but our main source is a unit I wrote for Space Boy by Leo Landry. Next is our unit on the Sun and Stars, which has a lot of resources as well but I am still looking for a good picture book to write a unit from.... I have a few coming in from the library that will hopefully work. Then we will finish our Astronomy series with a unit on The Planets and Solar System, using a unit study I wrote for There's No Place Like Space: All About our Solar System! I am really excited about the coming weeks and all of the fun activities, projects, books and videos we have!
We're off to start our morning studies but I will update later for any of those interested in what we are doing this week. I am saving the unit studies I wrote to send in for HomeschoolShare's Blast contest that starts soon, but once they are up on that site, I will post with a link!
Happy Monday!!!



3 comments:
Hi! I honestly can't remember if I have ever commented on here before, so let's just pretend that I haven't, OK? ; ) GREAT blog! Love that you homeschool your itty-bitties! How precious and amazing! You totally inspire me. I just jumped on board with homeschooling and have a 5 year old little girl. I kept thinking I needed to wait until "school starts" LOL, but now seeing your work and effort...I better get on the ball with my girl! ; ) I will surely be back for more great stuff from you! Thanks.
Are you part of The Homeschool Lounge?
So what did your girls think about the beautiful and bright full moon the past couple of nights? I am always amazed when the moon is so bright that I can actually see my own shadow like it was daytime.
This sounds so exciting. I haven't started planning our Astromomy for this summer yet but you have given me some great ideas!
Post a Comment