Update on Homeschool Family Needing Your Prayers...
I wanted to update everyone on the status of this family, as I have received several emails and comments about it. I do not know this family personally, but like you, can only imagine the pain they are going through. I haven't gotten an update through my co-op, so I went to this blog, which is posting updated information quite frequently... since I am only going to restate here what she has on her blog, I encourage you to visit this blog from now on to be able to pray more specifically.
There is good news! Erika (12) was released from the hospital and is staying in a hotel with relatives! It was said that she knows God is in control and is doing very well.... what an amazing testimony to the way these parents have raised their children!! Also, Cristy is doing much better as well!!! She is breathing better, talking and laughing with family and ate solid foods yesterday! The doctors plan to do the surgery next week when she has had time to gain some strength. She is definitely not out of the woods and is in need of much prayer, but this is wonderful news!
Both of the older children, Winston and Hannah, seem to be on the mend as well. Winston was able to have his tubes taken out and they believe he has now been able to eat. Hannah is in a room now and is able to walk a little. She is in high spirits and is resting in her strong faith and personal relationship with Christ (as is the rest of the family), but she has not been able to have her tubes taken out yet, so she has been unable to eat solid food and drink.... prayers are asked for her, as she is really hungry and thirsty!
Finally, the posting mentioned what shining lights the family is in that hospital. The way they are handling this whole situation and pulling together has been a tremendous witness for the entire hospital staff! I am in awe of this family and the amazing job the parents have done in raising such godly children who know they can turn to Him in all of life's worries and tragedies, as well as life's joys!
Blessed be the name of the Lord!!!



1 comments:
That's great news! Thanks for the update!
Post a Comment