Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Homeschool Family Needs Your Prayers!!!

I have been notified by my local homeschool co-op of a family that is in desperate need of prayer! This weekend, the homeschool family was driving and was hit head on by an intoxicated driver. The father, Daniel Hottman, was able to give direction to his family in how to escape from the car before he passed away. The rest of the family, which consists of the mother, Cristy, Winston (23 ), Hannah (20) and Erika (12), are still in the hospital. The mother is doing very badly and is in need of several surgeries, however her vitals aren't good enough for them to do that yet. At this time, they do not have much hope for her. The children all had pretty severe injuries as well, and are still in the hospital, but they are all asking for prayer for their mother.

Please keep this family in your prayers. They are having to make arrangements for the father's funeral, however with the mother's health at the moment, it is a very difficult situation for them. Also, please pray for the driver. She was a 24 year old woman, and is currently being charged with intoxicated manslaughter. It is so easy to judge and condemn, but we all fall short of the glory of God and have all made mistakes. I am sure this is one that will haunt this young woman for the rest of her life and she will need God's grace to see her through.

Give your children and your spouse an extra long hug today!!!

4 comments:

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

Oh my! I will be praying for that family!!!

And for that young lady as well.

How devastating for everyone.

Hernandez/Hill Family said...

Hi, this family were members of our church many years ago and you couldn't meet a nicer couple. They went to Brazil to mission to people there and were always willing to help others. I never got to meet Erika but I'm sure she's just as wonderful as the rest of them. My heart goes out to thier family and the family of the girl responsible even though right at this moment I am quite angry at her. I know I have no place to judge since I'm far from perfect but to be so irresponsible like that and end up tearing a wonderful family apart in an instant just doesn't sit well with me. All I can do is pray that she looks towards God for forgiveness and salvation.

Jennefer said...

How heartbreaking. I will be praying for the family as well as the young woman who cause the crash. Things like this are devastating all the way around. Please keep us updated on the family's progress.

Jennefer

Anonymous said...

I was a close friend of the girl that hit the family. She is a very sweet girl. I know she is devestated. I feel most for her 2 babies, they are very much affected by this. I will pray for all the families involved.