Thursday, March 20, 2008

Random facts about me...

I've been Taggged!! Momtofivekids tagged me to share 7 random and weird facts about myself :-)

Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So, Here is some random facts about me:

1. I interned at Entertainment Tonight in NYC the summer before 9/11. I actually got back home one month to the day before it happened. Celebrity highlights: I met Vin Diesel (I actually got to be in the background of the B-roll on that episode), Regis and Kelly, Mandy Moore, and Heidi Klum in her underwear (filming a Victoria Secret commercial, lol). I went to the Press Junket for America's Sweethearts, which is a movie about a press junket, and met: Julia Roberts, Catherine Zeta-Jones, John Cusack, Billy Crystal, Seth Green, and a few others. It was a lot of fun, but ultimately while I LOVE visiting NYC, I can't live there, so I decided not to pursue entertainment as a career.

2. I don't watch a lot of television, but what I do watch, I get very emotionally involved in! One of the shows I love is Biggest Loser, but I can't just sit quietly and watch it. When I see someone being mean or cocky to others on the show (ahem, Roger) I scream at the tv! I majored in Mass Communications, so I know that the producers are probably editing these people to appear more jerky than they are in real life, but I can't separate that truth from my viewing experience, lol!

3. I LOVE Elvis!! Yes, I know he is before my time (literally, he died in 1977 and I was born in 1980), but I grew up watching all of his movies and singing all of his songs. My parents have a huge collage picture frame with family photos in it, and included in this frame of family memories is a picture from one of his concerts! Yes, I like me some Elvis.

4. That being said, after watching the Elvis TV movie and recently watching August Rush (go out and buy this movie today! awesome awesome awesome) I have a huge crush on Jonathan Rhys Meyers! My husband knows and is ok with it.... he he

5. I hate sarcasm and teasing, especially the kind passed off as humor or kidding around. It isn't funny. It is based in truth or you wouldn't have said it. I think it is mean-spirited, puts the other person in an uncomfortable position, and does not speak love. It is another one of those things I am passionate about because I think too many people allow it, especially within familial relationships and friendships.

6. I sing made up songs all day. Sometimes I sing instead of talking, such as singing, "Jordan, I think it's time to go potty!" instead of saying it. I also usually dance around while singing.

7. I can't sew on a button or sew a hem, but I have the desire to learn :-) It is on my Proverbs 31 learn-to-do list!

I'm supposed to tag 7 people, but I tagged 4
Crystal at May this House be known as Home
Candace at His Mercy is New
Katherine at Cornerstone Classical
Celly B at Busy at Home

Have a wonderful day!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK! I have this crazy mental picture of you singing and dancing in the bathroom "It's time to go potty!" hehe! Totally awesome about all the celebs you've met! And about the teasing...well....uuhh...you'd hate living at my house...;')

I'll do the tag but I'll post it after Easter! This should be fun!

Celly B said...

How cool that you met John Cusack! I have a crush on him (and yes, my husband knows!:)
Thanks for tagging me; I'll try to post this weekend. And, yes, I did get your emails and emailed you back! Thanks for the explanation!

momtofivekids said...

Thanks for sharing! we all sing around here, too!

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

NYC is fun to visit but I could never live there either! So were you disappointed when you met these people or did they live up to your expectations? Just wonderin'.

I'm not very good at making up songs, but so far the boys are impressed enough with the songs I learned in 5th grade... Big Rock Candy Mountain, Old Dan Tucker and Flea Fly Mosquito! I'll sing them for you the next time you're over. If you already know them, we can sing a duet! :-) hehe

The HomeScholar said...

Rachel,
Just a quick note to let you know we have rehosted The HomeScholar blog on WordPress and there is a new address. The new address is www.TheHomeScholar.com/blog. I see you have our button on your site. Could you please redirect our button to the new address?

Thanks a bunch,

Matt (Husband of The HomeScholar)

143Records said...

Greatt read thankyou