Our Week With the Moon
I have so many resources for our Moon Unit! As I mentioned before, I am rowing Space Boy all week and using a unit I wrote for that book as our main resource. This is such an adorable book about a boy's space trip to the Moon, a gentle jumping off point for discussions on Space and the Moon, which was exactly what I was wanting.
For our Circle Time, Bible Verse and several of our activities, I am using Preschool Posts' unit on the Moon. For more activities and enrichment, I am using Brightly Beaming Resources' (Letter of the Week)Preparatory Curriculum's Moon Week
For our supplemental books, we are using The Moon: Scholastic News Nonfiction Readers by Melanie Chrismer, What the Moon Is Like by Franklyn Branley and Exploring Space with an Astronaut by Patricia Murphy. For "Fun reading" we are using Papa, Please Get the Moon for Me by Eric Carle , Goodnight Moon and The Magic School Bus takes a Moonwalk.
For online games and pictures, we are using the following:
Awesome Moon Pictures
Dress Me For Space Astronaut
Video of an Astronaut Living in Space
"Astronaut School"
What it is like to Walk on the Moon
Watching animations about the phases of the Moon
We are also doing a lot of art projects, coloring and crafts as well as baking a "moon cake" for a demonstration about the moon phases and making croissants. We have some episodes on tape of Word World that we are watching, too. Most of our other videos and DVDs (Magic School Bus and Blues Clues are a few) are for our sun and star week or our planet week.
As I said before, as soon as they post my Space Boy unit on Homeschool Share, I will update this post with a link. As for the other day to day stuff, I don't want to take anything away from the amazing work Katrina Lybbert (Letter of the Week) or Lynn and Valerie (Preschool Post) have done so I encourage you all to check out their sites for their ideas, activities, book recommendations, games, songs, etc;
I hope this helps and for those of you that are planning your own Astronomy lessons, I would love to hear how they go!! Let me know if you post about them and I will link to them here!
Have a blessed week!



2 comments:
Your literature selections look really good! I did the tag! Hope all is well...
Have a blessed week friend!
Your literature selections look really good! I did the tag! Hope all is well...
Have a blessed week friend!
Post a Comment