Thursday, February 25, 2010

Oh, My!

I recently added the Follow Me feature on my blog so I can see the lovely faces of my readers, but also because I am trying out for the TOS Crew and thought they might like to see it.

Anyhoo, I tell you this because as people are being added to this feature, I am going in and following them as well. AND WOW AM I GLAD I AM!

Kimberly was just added, so I quickly went over to her site to see if I could follow her as well. Apparently Ms. Kimberly just started this blog, she only has two posts, but WOW what a second post. Here, go over and read it, comment and then come back. . . I'll wait.

Did you start crying like me??? This really hit me! If you notice the comment section, I gave a huge reply that basically let her know that I will be reflecting on this for quite some time.

If your and/or your family have creative ways you go out helping others in need that do not necessarily involve money, I would REALLY love to hear them. Please comment and leave your thoughts, ideas, or blog posts you have shared in regards to this topic and I will share them with everyone here. This is something that is near and dear to my heart and if you read read my comment on her blog, you know that I get caught up in thinking it has to be money which is hard for me to do right now.

How else can we truly be Jesus' hands and feet in this world of suffering? How can we get our children, even our little ones, involved? I know that my girl Candace always has wonderful ideas that I will probably be re-reading today as well (but if you are reading Candace, please leave me your favorite ideas here, too!).

In His Service. . . .

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Rachel ~

Thanks for the kind words on my blog post. I didn't mean to "hoot" my horn either. I REALLY do care about all kinds of people. I'm just learning how to do it graciously.

Good luck with TOS. You have a GREAT blog.

Have a blessed day,
Kimberly

Anonymous said...

So sorry that I am late seeing this...now that you are blogging again, I need to put you back on my blog list...going to add your link now. :)