Darn that Delight-Directed Education. . . :-)
I have gone back and forth, since deciding to flip flop our schedule for history, whether or not to start science from the beginning (meaning week 1 of my already nicely printed schedule) or from the second semester (week 19) that lined up on the page with the history lessons. I had pretty much decided to start from the second half, meaning Respiratory and Circulatory Systems, Reproduction, and Digestion/Nutrition, to make it easy on myself -- until our door bell rang yesterday. . .

Darn that Delight Directed Education! (LOL) Out of my huge list of books I ordered from Amazon, one lonesome book arrived yesterday - Germs by Ross Collins. This book was on a list or two, and it received tons of stars on Amazon, but it almost didn't make the budget cut. . . I threw it back into my cart at the last second. And I am SO GLAD I did!
The girls immediately asked me to read it and I started to tell them "No, that is a book for Science and we will have to wait till we get to it in our schedule," before I realized how RIDICULOUS that would be, so I sat down and read it. And then Jordan read it. And read it. And read it some more. I lost count with how many times she read that book to me, herself, Cali, the air. . . and I did get some awesome videos that I will try to upload once I figure out how to do that. (Videos that totally captured their personalities, too -- Jordan being studious and reading, explaining and expanding on the story in the book with her own version, and Cali jumping in front of the camera, making her silly faces and trying to make me laugh.)
So, I put it up for a vote this morning -- Should we start with Respiration and Circulation and learn about our heart, blood and lungs or Cells and learn about our bodies cells and germs. It took a nanosecond for them to scream "GERMS!" so I guess we have our winner.
I will post our plans for this unit in the next post :-)




1 comments:
Isnt it funny how we plan and plan and THEN life happens! We just had this exact thing happen with history =0)
Post a Comment