"It isn't YOU speaking, it is God speaking in you"
WOW! These are the words that my five year old, Jordan, told me yesterday. We were cuddling on the sofa, reading Max Lucado's The Way Home. I was explaining to them how it symbolizes our relationship with God. How, like Anna in the story, we are His Princesses and how the King in the story symbolized Jesus, coming down to the Lowerlands to give up His life to save us.
Out of nowhere, Jordan interrupted me, saying, "God is speaking."
I was a little surprised by this interruption, so I muttered the very eloquent question, "Huh?"
Her beautiful blue eyes then turned to me and she said, "What you are saying is the Word of God. If it is the Word of God, then it isn't YOU speaking, it is God speaking in you."
" . . . . . " (blink blink)
After a moment, I was able to speak again and I told her how insightful and intelligent that was, and how she was right.
The interesting thing is that I have been raised hearing a version of this all my life. The Holy Spirit lives inside of us and we are His vessel. Praying often that it is His words, not mine, that speak in times of comfort or discipline. That Jesus is the Word. That the Bible is His word, and He speaks to us through it. YES, I have heard all of that before, but I have NEVER had it put like that before.
I told my husband later that night and he had the same reaction. It is truth, but neither of us had thought of it that way. Isn't a child's faith amazing? They can see Biblical truths so simply, while we can over complicate things in an instant.
OH Jesus, give me the faith of a child!!




1 comments:
I think it is completely awesome that she is seeing things so clearly-- and that she sees God in you and through you!
Post a Comment