Monday, February 18, 2008

Fun AND Free?


I just wanted to let everyone know about a really fun and free online source for reading for pre-school, kindergarten and first grade! Literactive has leveled readers and fun activities that go along with each story. They also have a section for ESL, poetry, tons of learning activities, worksheets, and e-picture books!

For the preschool age, Jordan and I just got finished reading several of their nursery rhymes and had a blast! There are three different sections of nursery rhymes and we just did the first, but it included favorites like On Top of Spaghetti, Mary had a Little Lamb, Humpty Dumpty and tons of others.

They have fun animated short stories, with the words appearing on the bottom of the screen for several levels. After the story you can then play 3 games. They vary depending on the story but involve sequencing, spelling words, puzzles, comparing and contrasting and more! The best part is that it is all presented as a game, so the kids have a blast! Fun, FREE, educational and extremely well-done? WOO HOO!

(Ok, so can you tell I am a little excited? Sorry, I am also full of cold medicine so that could be adding to my enthusiasm, but the site really is cool!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love that site too! Have fun!