A Quick Word About Lapbooks!
I love lapbooks! This morning, Jordan came down for breakfast and found our Cinderella lapbook. She immediately started flipping through it, as it is a book that she helped to make, so she LOVES it! She also loves the few other ones we made in the past and still takes those out to flip through.
Anyway, so she is flipping through and on her own, she goes through the life cycle of the pumpkin (by looking at the pictures, of course!) The really cool thing is that there are two sections on pumpkins in this study
and we really didn't do either, besides putting them in the lapbook itself. The right learning opportunity never really presented itself and she never really expressed an interest. Still, I included them in the hopes that we will in the future. While I hoped this would be a possibility, I still expected to have to do some of the teaching, but she did it herself, thanks to this lapbook! She is still sitting next to me, going over the life cycle and talking about the pumpkin facts and trying to read the words on the cards.
Right now, she is also playing with the moveable hands on the clock, saying "Tick, tock, tick tock, I need to get the hands to the 12 for midnight!" Yes, I love lapbooks!!!!




1 comments:
Hooray! :)
:) Ami
Post a Comment