Birthday parties and parades....
We got back from New Orleans last night a little after 11pm, hyped up on cake, ice cream and pizza! Gregg is finishing up his Tulane MBA and while he is enrolled in the Houston location, they wanted the class to at least be on the main campus for one weekend of classes prior to graduation. Luckily for us, the class voted for it to be this past weekend, which happened to coincide with Cali's 2nd birthay and parades for Mardi Gras!!
We had a really great weekend back home.... not great for the diet AT ALL, but it was great to visit with family, take the girls to their first parade and celebrate Cali's birthday with loved ones. I must confess, I am a bad mommy. . . I left my camera at home!!! I will update with pictures from the party once I get some emailed to me :-)
The girls had a blast at the parade! (I should say, for those that do not know, that they have TONS of family parades outside of downtown, and that is what we took them to!) They loved everything -- of course they loved the beautiful floats and got a kick out of getting beads and toys thrown at them, but I think Jordan's favorite part was the marching bands and dancers! Every time they would pass, she would scream "Look, look, Mama!!" Then she would bite her lower lip and nod her head in tune with the beat..... so cute! And totally a Mama's girl :-)
Unfortunately she did catch a couple beads with her face at one point.... she didn't cry but was a little nervous after that. Not even five minutes later, my good friend Nicole screamed "Ack!" and we noticed that Cali, whom she was holding, had leaked out of her diaper and left a lovely tell tale sign all over Aunt Nicki's sweatshirt!! Um, check please! So we did leave the parade early, but armed with a HUGE bag of beads and toys. A very successful first parade!!
As for the birthday party, can I just say that I love the presents at least as much as the girls do?!? Especially now that we are homeschooling, I get so excited about all the wonderful educational toys, products, videos and books they have out, and our family is so supportive with buying them things like that! We were blessed with so many awesome books, games, videos, Cd's, and clothes! WOO HOO!!
The girls had a blast with their cousins making sidewalk masterpieces with chalk, hunting for Pluto's bones and attempting to play pin the nose on Mickey blindfolded. Gregg and I had a blast watching and visiting with everyone! The six hour drive back home wasn't even that bad....and anyone who has toddler and preschoolers understands how crazy those drives can be!! But, praise God, it was pretty peaceful!
We are glad to be back home, but we feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family and appreciate every opportunity that we have to visit with them! Now, to attempt to clean this disaster that I call a home......




2 comments:
Sounds like an awesome time! Well, except maybe for Aunt Nicki. ;-)
I have yet to go to a Mardi Gras parade.. mainly because where we live, they are too family geared. Boo.
Btw, I see you have Do You Think I'm Beautiful on your book list! It is SOO good. I'm letting my mom borrow my copy!
Post a Comment