Monday, January 28, 2008

Leading Little Ones...




“God made me. He makes no mistakes. He loves me, just the way I am.” Every night, before my girls go to sleep, we say this together. In fact, if mommy forgets, they quickly remind me!! We often repeat it throughout the day as well, whenever we make a mistake or can use some encouragement. This is just one small thing that we do every day to incorporate God’s love in our homeschool and daily lives, but I believe it is a powerful message we are sending our girls, and a reminder that not everything has to be hard.

I think homeschooling parents, especially those of us who were led to this journey by our faith, can get caught up so easily in wanting everything to be perfect. And when it comes to instilling our faith in our children, it is one area we definitely don’t want to “mess up.” But I have seen moms get so bogged down and worried about how to have daily Scripture and Bible time, especially with their little ones, that they forget to have fun. My advice is to RELAX!
Please visit Heart of the Matter to read how we incorporate our faith and scripture into our daily lives!


0 comments: