Tuesday, January 29, 2008

We're just a bunch of bunnies. . .


This week is Bunny Week at Keep the Way Christian Academy!

Today we snuggled up and read Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney and The Tale of Peter Rabbit based on the original story by Beatrix Potter. Then we got on the computer to use a little more of our awesome free trial to United Streaming and we watched animated videos of Peter Rabbit, Brer Rabbit and The Tortoise and the Hare, a cute cartoon about rabbit holes, and an Animal Discovery Fun for Kids segment on baby rabbits. Jordan is a very visual learner, so she gets so much out of these videos..... I LOVE United Streaming!!


After our videos, it was time for lunch so I made them a fort under the kitchen table but told them it was a rabbit hole. I brought them their lunch and told them to be good little bunnies and eat all of their food. . . not sure if that is the reason, but today they both cleaned their plates in one sitting, which is HUGE! As a result, the rabbit hole is still in tact and it might be where they eat dinner tonight, HA!

Tomorrow we will be using the awesome guides and information for Guess How Much I Love You provided by Christina at Mustard Seeds and incorporate the Rabbit Theme Week from the Preparatory Curriculum at Letter of the Week. As soon as Runaway Bunny comes in, we will start "rowing" that using Before Five in a Row and Homeschool Share.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots of fun!

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

So did it make them want to eat lots of veggies? :-)

My boys love to picnic but we have yet to picnic under the table. Of course, you wouldn't think that if you saw how much food ends up UNDER the table!

Celly B said...

What a great unit! I will have to borrow some of these ideas!

Celly B said...

Oops!
I also wanted to suggest Rosemary Wells as a possible extension to your unit. My four-year-old and two-year-old love, love Max and Ruby. She has also written a book about the importance of reading aloud called "Read to Your Bunny." You can find out more about it at her website, as well as fun and games for the kids.
http://www.rosemarywells.com/

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the story and I hope the links work our GREAT!!! Fun!