Thursday, May 22, 2008

Busy, Busy Bees

Whew, things have just not slowed down yet!

Shortly after returning home from New Orleans, we were blessed to have my cousins come stay with us en route to their vacation in San Antonio. My cousin has a daughter that is two years older than Jordan and all of the girls had a BLAST together. It is so much fun to see how they have grown, and hear the creative stories and imaginary worlds they come up with!! It was also fun to get a glimpse of what we have in store for us in a couple years with the girls. . . and also a chance to realize the blessing of the current stage we are in :-)

I will be posting pictures soon (once I slow down a bit LOL) but after an afternoon/night of non-stop playing, we all took the girls to the Houston Children's Museum on Wednesday. Gregg and I had taken the girls a few months ago, but it was amazing to see how much attention span and intense curiosity for EVERYTHING that they have gained in that short amount of time! Jordan did wander away from us for a few bone-chilling moments, but overall it was a very fun and successful outing. And while I did not let Jordan "off the hook," I did realize my own part in her "disappearance." Prior to that incident, I had been allowing them to freely explore the museum, always keeping them in eye shot and bouncing back and forth between the girls, but definitely letting them explore the interactive exhibits on their own. I realized that while I knew that I knew where they were at all times, I had not done a great job of letting the girls in on what I was doing. To Jordan, her wandering over to explore the exhibit when we weren't looking was no different then what she had been doing all afternoon!! After a nice talk, we explored a bit more before leaving "on a good note." I will definitely keep my new found realization in mind next time we explore the Museum, or anywhere else for that matter!

For family members reading and dying to see the pictures of the graduation, the party, and the girls at the museum, I will post them all as soon as I can. This weekend will be more of the same busyness as I will be working the Scholastic Warehouse Sale tomorrow (AWESOME deal -- you get paid for your time in books and educational materials!!!) and then this weekend we will be busy putting together our newest TOY, courtesy of my dear father-in-law. . . A POOL!! It is one of those Intex easy above ground sets, but the girls are sooo excited! I am, too, to be honest. I always wanted my own pool growing up, but my parents knew they would be too much work. Gregg had one growing up and says the same thing. I am figuring that this awesome pool will either serve to cure me of my desire, or confirm it, but either way it will be a lot of fun in the process!

So. . . to all of my lovely readers out there, if I don't get back to you before then, have a WONDERFUL and SAFE Memorial Day weekend/holiday with your families! Get some much needed rest and relaxation and FUN!


0 comments: