A Little About Me. . .
I've been tagged by Amy at Adventures at the Allen Academy for a fun Meme!
Here are the rules:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
What was I doing 10 years ago:
Ten years ago, I had just turned 18 and was finishing up my Senior Year in High School. I was sooo ready to "be an adult" and go off to LSU. Remembering how badly I wanted/needed others approval and the silly things I thought were important is so embarrassing!! Yeah, we are going to homeschool till they are 25, ha! (just joking)
Five Snacks I enjoy:
1. Chips and Queso
2. Pistachio Almond Ice Cream with Nutella drizzled on top
3. Peanut Butter Crackers
4. Hot and Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
5. Anything Chocolate
In the real world:
1. I love to read but struggle to make time to do it.
2. I love reading Children's Books that I read to the girls! I learn so much from these, love the illustrations, love cuddling up with the girls. . .yeah, Meg Ryan's character was onto something with that Children's Bookstore of hers in You've Got Mail.
3. I cry easily at movies. I am such a sap! For my birthday last Friday, my husband and I had a wonderful dinner at a Mexican restaurant and then rented two movies -- The Nanny Diaries and Alvin and The Chipmunks where they raced around the world in the hot air balloons (remember that one?? I loved it growing up!) Anyway, the Chipmunk movie was really for the girls ... Or so I told my husband, ha.... so we watched The Nanny Diaries that night. I couldn't stop crying! I *think* it's supposed to be a comedy of sorts, and it was really good and had funny moments, but I got so wrapped up in the little boy's story, and other children like him and the parents who just don't seem to care, that I just balled! And balled... and balled...
4. I love bubble baths -- but while I love hot showers, I need my bubble bath to be almost like pool water lol... just with lots of bubbles!
5. I love making schedules and routines and planning... I don't always do a great job of following through, but I love the planning part!
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Be debt free - a goal we are already working towards. Those pesky student loans, grrr
2. Travel, Travel, and Travel some more!
3. Set aside money for our girls to keep them from going into any debt for college, and to teach them the value of investing and financial responsibility
4. Hire a housekeeper again... sigh....
5. Hire a lawncare and landscaping company again.... sigh.....
Five jobs that I have had:
1. Production Director and Host for programs on LSU's college cable system
2. Intern at Entertainment Tonight
3. Door to Door Office Supply Sales person -- YUCK!
4. Dillards' Lingerie Department, fitting women for bras. Yes, too many people wear the wrong size but when you go shopping for one, and ask to be fitted (which you should do), please plan in advance and be kind to those ladies... Don't only wear a dress (especially if you are wearing underwear that doesn't fully cover things it should), shave, and wear deodorant please :-) Can you tell that this wasn't my favorite job, either?
5. Loan Officer Assistant/Jr. Processor/Processor/Post Closing for a Mortgage Company
Three of my habits:
1. Checking my email every time I walk by the computer and as soon as I get up
2. Saying I'm sorry for things that either aren't my fault or doesn't even make sense to apologize for.... it is like my way of filling up a lag in the conversation if I don't know what to say or something, I guess? If I can sympathize with what you are going through, or hear something has happened that is a bit annoying to you, even if it has NOTHING to do with me, I apologize. What is up with that? It drives me nuts
3. Caffeine -- Dt Mountain Dew or Coke, but not that hot stuff.
Five places I have lived:
1. Gretna and Marrero, Louisiana (birth- high school)
2. Baton Rouge, Louisiana (College at LSU)
3. Staten Island, New York (Took a 20 minute train ride, 20 minute boat ride and then a 20 minute subway ride to get to the Paramount Building in NYC that summer I interned at Entertainment Tonight in college) 4. Charlotte and Mooresville, North Carolina (June 2002-December 2005)
5. Houston and Tomball, Texas ( January 2006 - current)
What do you want others to get from your blog:
I love reading other people's blogs. I learn so much from someone sharing their "day in a life" stories, reviews and ideas. I actually started mine when Heart of the Matter was about to come out, as I was going to be the only writer who DIDN'T have a blog. So I started writing mostly for any readers who would happen to follow the link over to my blog. Then I started looking at all the wonderful things that can come from this endeavor -- our family can be able to read and see what we do each day (not just all our out of state family, either. My parents, who live behind me, still learn a lot, as does my own husband who can't be with us during the day -- he can see what the girls are learning and doing), I can journal for myself and for the girls what life has been like for them (I have been really bad at keeping up with their baby books, so I look at this as a form of that), I can use it as a creative outlet to write my thoughts and ideas down (I think things out much better when writing them down), and finally, I really do love when I hear feedback from other homeschool moms who have read my posts and have been inspired or encouraged or have asked for my advice or opinions! That is so humbling and energizing, and really helps me to live out what I believe is my Mission -- To Encourage Moms To Experience JOY in the MINISTRY of Motherhood.
And I am going to break the rules a bit and NOT tag anyone, because Amy took a lot of the people I would tag anyway (ha) and because I think a lot of the people I would tag have either done this already or prefer not to do them.... BUT if you read this and would like to share, I would LOVE to hear your answers! I love getting to know all my bloggy friends (and any family members reading this, too!)



1 comments:
I loved reading and learning more about you, Rach!
You had quite the commute up in NY! Makes you appreciate the peace and quiet of Tomball, doesn't it?
Post a Comment