What have we been doing lately?
In case you are wondering where my posts have been concerning my well thought out unit studies and lesson plans, I am really relaxing on "schooling" lately. Instead, we are focusing on finding good routines for our day (instead of that dreaded schedule that has my day planned to the nanosecond and that I can never seem to keep up with anyway), habit training (hygiene, housekeeping, first time obedience), LOTS of snuggling (my favorite part of any day), reading (still mostly great literature from the HSS or FIAR lists, but some just plain fun ones, too), having A LOT of fun and laughing!!
I am working on an article for next month's Heart of the Matter magazine on my "under construction" preschool philosophy, but for now know that we are still learning, just in a much more relaxed way. For example, right now we are learning about spiders. We are reading lots of picture books and stories from the library and around the house (including a few different picture book and easy to read versions of Charlotte's Web, and Miss Spider books), and watching lots of movies and videos on spiders. We are working on narration after reading or viewing, but that is really all we are doing on that topic right now -- but they are still really learning a lot! We are also working on light phonics and math, as well as a lot more coloring, playing with play dough and MANY games of Elefun lol.
I have also been having fun taking more pictures with my wonderful new camera! Since this blog is also my virtual scrapbook, I will be posting a lot of pictures this week from graduation and the family party, but today I wanted to share some fun pictures of the girls with all of you -- and my wonderful family members who subscribe to this blog mostly in the hopes of seeing more pictures of the girls, ha! So here are some fun shots from around the house of my girls being just plain silly! :-)

They love to chase each other back and forth LOL
Ahh, Sisterly Love. . . I love moments like this!

Run, Run, Run. . . Get that P.E. in!

Do you notice the book Jordan wants me to read? Yes, it is upside down, but it is Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey, so if she asks me to read it, I will stand on my head! I love FIAR book lists!

And finally, my really silly girls. The face Cali is making above is the face I get at least 100 times a day! She is the girl of a million faces, but this is the one she gives you when she is not happy with what you have told her or she is pretending to be unhappy with something... that girl is so funny! And my girl Jordan is on the end, re-enacting Ninja Warrior and trying to scale the swing set. Watch out All Stars!!










2 comments:
I love that little face! Too cute!
I love your pictures. I'm so glad you have a good camera! I'll be looking forward to seeing more photos. The girls are precious as usual and even when they make a face there still angels!
Post a Comment