Get Up!
I am starting again. . . I have not been as faithful as I would like in reading the Bible, getting up early, exercising, eating right, or balancing life. But I am starting again. I guess you can really only take it a day at a time, know that you will make mistakes, but that you need to pick yourself up and begin again.
I am feeling positive about the changes I am making, and my understanding that it won't all happen at once. That is me and my personality, an all or nothing approach, but I am truly trying to take it a step at a time, really trying to take action and see results.
Maybe this is why this particular verse from my reading in Matthew this morning is sticking with me. I love how in Matthew 2:13, when an angel of the Lord appears to Joseph, he says, "Get up. ." and we read in verse 14, "So he got up." The same thing happens in verse 2:20 when the angel of the Lord appears to Joseph again, "Get up" and again we see in verse 21, "So he got up." I put a note in my Bible that it is interesting to note that there was an immediate call to action when God spoke, and Joseph obeyed immediately. Similarly, when we feel God's prompting in our lives, we are called to not just sit there, wait and plan --- but to Get up and DO Something!
I am not sure if what the Spirit is prompting me to DO is to make these lifestyle changes and stick with it (I am really only on day 2 of these changes, ha!) , or if He is preparing me for something else that is to come. But I pray for the discernment to know when He is calling me to action and the strength and courage to take that immediate step of obedience.
What is God calling you to DO? Do you have any stories to share of when you felt His leading you in a certain direction, to make choices or changes? Did you obey? What was the outcome? I would truly LOVE to hear from you!
Have a wonderful Tuesday and may you feel His presence and hear His gentle whisper guiding you in all your decisions today :-)



2 comments:
Yep, it's the Spirit cause He's been telling me the same thing, girl! I guess your blog post is confirmation. I need to get my booty moving AND get in the Word.
Yes, the Holy Spirit moved me. It took me awhile to listen, but listen I did. It's a long story, so I am trying to cut it down....my beautiful daughter who at the time was in 6th grade, hated school. I worked there and saw it too. After many tears, we decided to homeschool. The next year, pulled my son and homeschooled both of them. I started homeschooling dear daughter Feb. 2005, dear son, August 2005. We had ups and downs, but stuck with it. Then in March of 2007 we received a horrible phone call. My mom had lung cancer and only 5 years the most to live. I needed to be with her and Dad. I spent much time with them both and was there to help. Unfortunetly we only received another year with her.
But if I hadn't listened to the Holy Spirit, I wouldn't of been able to take my kids and be there with her!! I am so glad I listened and got up!!!
I know you can do it also!!! Stick to your plan!!
We will try to keep you motivated!!!
Bunny
Post a Comment